Each individual's situation is different, and the process will vary. This brief outline descibes the process.
- Initial Conversation: A potential client contacts Lauren, leaving a voice message or e-mail. Lauren contacts the potential client, and if they agree to the initial consultation, they schedule a 90-minute session, that the client purchases
- Initial Consultation: Lauren and the potential client explore the motivations and needs of the client, and decide to forward with a therapeutic counselor-client relationship, or not
- Lauren and the new client work out the logistics of sessions, payments, professional, and personal obligations
- They set mutual expectations and preliminary goals, and schedule one or more appointments
Once the therapeutic counselor-client relationship is established, they begin the process of counseling, which includes:
- Discovery, change, and accomplishment of goals
- Possible new goals, changes, and accomplishments
- Achievement of goals, completion of the therapeutic process
378 Hillcrest Circle
Spruce Pine, NC 28777
Lauren Griffin, M.A., LCMHC
Logistics of Services
Telecounseling using Zoom, Facetime, telephone, and other technologies by appointment. Office appointments are not currently available.